Monday, September 6, 2010

Freeze Frame

Joe's weekend project, which turned out to be a much bigger deal than I anticipated, was to build me a cold frame for the garden. Hopefully I'll be able to put my seeds out much earlier next spring since they'll be protected. The top opens and can be propped up to allow for ventilation on warm days.

The best part of this project is that it is made from 100% scrap wood and repurposed objects. The windows were from our living room. The hinges from 2 doors we had removed and the rest was scrap lumber Joe had been saving. No longer am I allowed to be critical of his saving every little thing! Apparently, I just need to give him more projects in order to put his hoarded items to good use. Thanks, Honey!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

nice! I have been bugging Gregg to make me one of the same for some years now. i could probably do it myself, it just wouldn't look as nice as yours, but the fact is, I want him to do it for me!! :)

CL said...

Joe did well. What a guy!!

environmental fiend said...

That is so awesome! I love that it is made from stuff you already had - how neat!

CowTown said...

OMG -- love it!