Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hey Rusty

At the risk of stating the obvious, I'll say it's been a long time; nearly 9 months.  Much has happened, yet nothing has changed, which sounds funny but is true.

A CF friend that I've known for probably 10 years and I have reconnected and talked about being in closer touch, something that makes me happy. Over the past year, I've found myself missing the close online connections we had back in the mid- to late-2000s.  There was a group of adults who frequented a CF forum and became friendly. We chatted, answered each other's questions, researched, laughed, cried and started blogs together.  Sadly, all but a few of us have died and those that remain don't have the same chemistry or meaning for me.  It is impossible to recreate something special like that, I know this in my heart, but it doesn't stop me from missing the group and the camaraderie we shared.  I am happy to have L, who is a link to this group and with whom I have a lot in common other than CF.

I do have a local close CF friend that I'm in close touch with by text and I'm so thankful for her. We're in touch several times a week and often daily if one of us has an issue going on. It's wonderful to be able to share anecdotes from clinic or a bit of gossip from an inpatient stay; having someone local who is the same age is a huge blessing and the support is beyond anything a non-cystic can ever provide.

My bestie moved back to MA in September after 11 years away and amazingly lives within walking distance of our house.  Although difficult life circumstances prompted the change, she seems to be happy to be back in New England. It's such a treat to be able to walk to each other's houses, and I get to have my canine fix with her dog, Oscar.  Having her close by has been a wonderful addition to my life.  It's incredible that we've been friends for ~27 years, more than half my life.

All this is apropos of nothing. I'm very much out of the writing habit and feeling a bit rusty; in fact, as I reread this I'm cringing.  I am going to let it stand and hope that with time I'll get my mojo back. No promises!

1 comment:

environmental fiend said...

So glad you are diving back in! :)