Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quotation of the Day

Give us courage and gaiety and the quiet mind. Spare to us our friends, soften to us our enemies. Bless us, if it may be, in all our innocent endeavors. If it may not, give us the strength to encounter that which is to come, that we be brave in peril, constant in tribulation, temperate in wrath, and in all changes of fortune and down to the gates of death, loyal and loving one to another. -- Robert Lewis Stevenson


This quotation caught my eye today. I can't think of anything else to add to it. I've read that in order to live your life in the most authentic and genuine way think of yourself on your deathbed. Ah, not a pleasant topic! Consider what you have done with your life; what would you do differently? What do you want people to say about you at your funeral?

I must be in listing mood of late because here is my list of things I consider to be important in terms of the way I live my life.

1. Be a good partner, friend wife to Joe.

2. Continue to be a good mother and support to Wilson throughout all the changes he's going to encounter in life.

3. Be a true, loyal and honest friend.

4. Respect the planet and environment.

5. Live as simply as possible: make what I can on my own, be it meals or household items.

6. Be contentented, accepting of and comfortable with myself.

No comments: