I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm more than aware I have absolutely nothing to complain about; I have a roof over my head, enough to eat and my health and that of my family is stable. I have friends who are facing financial ruin, some who are suffering from devastating health problems and those who are desperately unhappy. I am so lucky. The following list is some very minor annoyances that I need to get off my chest.
1. Leaf blowers. Who invented these infernal machines? Noisy, stinky and a scourge to the environment.
2. People who delegate too much. "I'm having a party- can you call so-and-so and invite them?"
Sure, and then I'll tell them to RSVP to you so I don't get stuck in the middle of this when the invitee asks me what does the host want her to bring!
3. People who don't take responsibility for their own plans. "Call me and remind me the day before that we we're supposed to meet". Jeez, if it's not important enough for you to remember on your own, should I even be wasting my time with you???
4. Rude drivers. I know, I know, I'm supposed to feel compassion for them and not let it bother me when they cut me off or sneak in ahead of me instead of waiting in traffic like the rest of us, but sometimes they still annoy the heck out of me.
5. People who think it's all about them. No matter what you are going through their problems are always bigger and they feel the need to talk about them endlessly.
Whew, ok. I feel better now.