Sunday, December 27, 2009

Priorities

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom in order to make a change and get yourself together again. It may be a life event, a situation, or simply the time of year that will illicit the change. Life consists of many paths and fortunately we are never stuck on one; it's always possible to alter our course or reverse direction depending upon our need.

Putting things in writing always helps me. Sometimes it's a list, a memo or just a bunch of free-floating ideas. I thought it might help keep me focused to put my priorities into writing, just to keep me reminded of the things that are important to me, the things I want to focus on right now.

Family
Cultivating and nurturing existing friendships: the good, bad and ugly
Taking care of myself (physically, emotionally) and not putting the needs of others ahead of my own, unless it's emergent
Prioritizing what is truly important, what can wait and what isn't worth worrying about.
Taking care of my responsibilities (pets, houseplants)
Maintaining a home that I feel comfortable in and that welcomes those I care about
Living within my values

In order to maintain these priorities I will engage in:
meditation daily
yoga
exercise
neb/vest treatments twice a day
volunteer once a week
continue to do typing for Yoshi
set aside time to maintain the house and yard
schedule time with friends, but allow spontaneity
enjoying every moment.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I like this post a lot. I need to follow suit....grand scale! Here's looking forward to an awesome 2010 and tea and cookies at my place!!!