Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Does This Make Me a Crazy Cat Lady?




I'm told you should never ask a question you really don't want to hear the answer to, so consider the title of this post a rhetorical one. I guess I already know the answer!
Meet kitty #2, as yet unnamed, whom we will be bringing home in addition to Gracie. Crazy? Most definitely! She was originally claimed, but then the person backed out. I've had my eye on this little female from the start, she was the first born and is a bit timid and cautious, but has a very sweet disposition. For some reason she has always appealed to me, maybe it's her unusual coloring or it could be her personality. For whatever reason I'm enamored with her. When I heard that she was once again unclaimed I looked into discount spaying programs, the only way we could afford to adopt 2 kittens. My research paid off, I found a place that will do it for a $65 fee, which is just a bit more than one fourth of what my regular vet charges.
Two kittens. I have read that it is better to adopt 2 together so they have a playmate, thereby relieving the owner of some of that responsibility. We'll see, its a completely new experience for me! All I know is that they are adorable and I can't wait to bring them both home.
Name suggestions, anyone?

1 comment:

Tina said...

Crazy Cat Lady? You? Never. Now if you start spinning and making sweaters from their fur I'll have to reconsider but for now, you're just a great person who loves cats !
My Aunt adopted a mother and son team together, the mother was a kitten herself, violated at a tender age. The two of them always have one another.
Names? hmmm...I got nuthin.