Monday, April 11, 2011

Beautiful Addition

This lovely birdbath is the latest addition to the garden; the leaf is meant to collect rainwater, there is a perching branch above and below and a bronze bird looks down from above. I absolutely love it and put it right beneath the back deck where there are foxglove and clematis behind it with white and red rose bushes adjacent. Hopefully in another week or two the plants will have matured a bit so the ground doesn't look so naked. This is exactly the sort of thing I would have picked out for myself for the garden, it fits in perfectly, but as it so happens it was a surprise gift from some very special and dear friends.

I'm looking forward to all the feathered visitors who will surely enjoy this as much as I do! I am very lucky indeed to have so many wonderful people in my life.

No comments: