Saturday, January 17, 2009

Number Four

Thanks to my friend Ellie for this blog, who tagged me to post the 4th picture in my 4th file in my photos. I took this one last spring, April to be exact, and although it's impossible to tell, it's in front of the walkway to the right of our house. I'll post a larger picture at the end so there is a bit more perspective.




This picture is of some of the first flowers to appear in the garden, Scilla Siberica, or Siberian squills, and I love them. They are a bulb and so charming with their little periwinkle umbrellas suspended over bright green leaves. They multiply like crazy so where there is one, there will be many in the years to follow. They seem to grow in the most impossible places, such as in the crack between the sidewalk and the curb.








This photo doesn't show the exact location of the closeup above, but gives some perspective. The Siberian Squills are growing below the big oak tree, which is just outside this picture, off to the right. This is the front of our house from last April, just before the garden starts to grow.

Thanks, Ellie, for giving me an idea for this post, I have to admit that I didn't want to blog too much about the hospital stay,it's much more interesting to look at a photo of flowers that will be making an appearance in a couple months. I'm going to tag Tina and Erik to check their computer photo files, and pick the 4th one from the 4th file, then write about it. Have fun!

No comments: