Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm Not a Photographer


I'm not a photographer, nor do I play one on TV. I do find it fun to play around with the camera in the garden and around the house though I'm completely aware of my lack of talent in the picture -taking department. Once in a while I do get lucky and a photo comes out well, unfortunatley through no composition or planning on my part. Thank goodness for digital cameras, it's so easy to delete all the shots that aren't quite up to par.



Yesterday I brought the camera out into the gardens. Other than a few crocus and snowdrops that are beginning to poke up the yard is definitely devoid of any color and not a very rewarding place to take pictures. I do enjoy documenting the changes from week to week as things really start taking off though it's going to be another month before the changes are very apparent. The kittens make great subjects (when they hold still long enough). Since Millie and Gracie are going to be indoor cats I don't have the opportunity to photograph them outside, but Benji and Gomer were always willing subjects as they lazed around the gardens, under shrubs and amongst the perennials.


I've been trying to get some nice photos of my soaps lately; here my lack of skill with the camera is pretty evident. I feel like the pictures look very contrived and artificial. Maybe I'd have more luck with them outside in a more natural environment? I seem to be leaning in that direction with the props I've been using - the stone birds and beach rocks. I suppose like anything else it takes practice. I think I know what I'll be doing today!

No comments: