Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ebb and Flow


I suppose anyone who pursues a creative endeavor will experience times that are more fruitful than others. While I was learning to quilt I noticed there were periods when the desire was there but I just didn't have any ideas. I found this incredibly frustrating but soon learned that everyone goes through these dry spells. You can't force it, no matter how much you want to, and you just have to be patient and wait for your mojo to return. (On a side note, I have tried to force it and learned that it is just a waste of time and energy).

My quilting drive seemed to have been replaced by a soap-making drive; I haven't quilted in months. Lately I was feeling a bit of the 'itch' and I've been rearranging my fabric closet and tidying up the room. This sort of nesting behavior usually precedes some project or other. Sure enough- I got out my machine the other day and several ideas immediately popped into my head.

I made a padded sleeve to protect my laptop when traveling, and I made one for Joe as well. I'm anxious to start a baby quilt for one of my students, who is expecting her fourth baby in January. I have a feeling it's a girl so will make a girl-baby quilt, but may have to make a backup blue one just in case my intuition is wrong. The drought is over- hallelujah!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Woman I'll drink to that!!!!