Friday, August 28, 2009

Millions of Peaches

Peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free. - Presidents of the United States

Well, maybe not millions of peaches, but an abundance, certainly. And yes, they were free! My generous friend Cynthia has a peach tree that produces really ugly fruit, but they are the best tasting peaches I've ever had. I made a peach cobbler yesterday and had so many peaches left over I thought I'd try to make some jam. After calling around trying to find canning jars (who knew they were so uncommon?) I finally found some and got all the supplies.

Mmmmmmm, summer in a jar. These will be great next winter on toast!

3 comments:

environmental fiend said...

"Summer in a jar." This is the second time I've read something like this today but I can't remember where the other place is. Anyway, I like it. :)

And who knew that ugly peaches taste the best? :) I like that.

Tina said...

Oh I'm sick with jealousy! That jam is going to be awesome. Once again you've impressed me!

Kim said...

Ha! I just came to your blog and saw that you quoted the Presidents of the USA, too! Great soapy minds think alike!

Jam looks fabulous, BTW!