Friday, October 9, 2009

Ouch

As soon as I saw the envelope arrive I knew what it was; folded twice, with my address in my own handwriting. Thick enough to contain 3 photos, a returned check and a letter. When the envelope was opened my guess was confirmed- a rejection letter!

I had applied to a 2 day juried holiday craft show in Newton and this was the "non-acceptance" letter along with the photos and booth fee I had sent in. No reason or explanation was given so I'm left guessing. Perhaps they already had their quota of soapmakers, or that they preferred not to carry soaps at all. Or, maybe they just didn't like mine! The bottom line is that I wasn't accepted.

Surprisingly, I'm not as upset as I imagined I might be. A little disappointed, but not devastated by any means, and I certainly don't take it personally. There are always going to be minor (and this is so very minor in the scheme of things!) bumps in the road and it's important not to let it get you down or discourage you. I'll just have to trust in fate and figure that it's for the best that this one didn't work out. Back to the drawing board!

So often it appears that successful people just seem to arrive at their success, when actually there are many hours of work, small successes, failures and twists and turns to their journey. It's all a process and this is just one step along the way. I hope I'll find another fair to participate in, but if not, heck, I know what everyone is getting for Christmas!

No comments: