Saturday, October 3, 2009

Framed

The contractor tells me that the singles still aren't in, but he assures me they are on their way down from Canada, somewhere between here and there on a truck. No matter, the carpenters have other things they can be doing. Friday the deck was framed, and hopefully it will be completed on Monday. It's exactly as I had hoped it would look; enough room for our grill and a few plants, without taking up too much room in the back yard.

The new windows will be going in on Tuesday, which is exciting. I've taken down and washed the curtains so as soon as the windows are finished I'll be able to put them back up and have everything nice and sparkly clean. I've been putting off doing a good, thorough cleaning until after the windows go in because I know with workmen inside, it doesn't really make sense to clean beforehand. I'm looking forward to the end of the clutter and chaos!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh very exciting Kim! Man your whole house is having an overhaul. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in your utility bills. You're bound to see it. Love the deck!