Friday, April 9, 2010

The Before

I got this linen summer dress at a thrift shop for $2. I knew it would be way too big for me, though no tag inside to name the brand or maker. I loved the fabric and colors as well as the simple lines. It falls a little above the knee and looked like a perfect hot-weather, casual dress.

I know absolutely nothing about making/altering clothes, usually running off to the seamstress to have something taken in, but this time I decided to mess around with it and see if I can get this dress to actually fit. Oh well, for $2, even if I royally screw it up, no great loss.

So far I've taken it apart. Hopefully, it won't be like my attempts at mechanical projects: with leftover pieces when I'm done! To be continued.

1 comment:

environmental fiend said...

I love thrift stores. Sounds like a great project!