Friday, April 2, 2010

Stripping

I am finally finished stripping the little yard sale table I got last summer. It was covered in at least 2 different coats of paint in addition to the wood finish underneath. I love my power sander!

The next step will be using progressively finer sandpaper to give it a smooth finish before I oil it. I don't think it's going to need any stain since it's a pretty wood and I don't want it to be too dark. I have just the spot for it in the living room and even got a pre-WW2 lamp for $1 at a yard sale that will look perfect on it. The lamp does need to be re-wired, but luckily Joe is handy in that department.

I'm hoping to have some time this weekend to work on the table now that the worst part is over. Better look for my mask!

3 comments:

CL said...

Nice table. I hope you have a really good mask. :-)

Tina said...

It is beautiful !!!! Man I need to yard sale with you!

Wilson said...

you better use your mask!!