Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our House is a Very, Very Fine House















As the workmen are busy on the outside of the house, I'm working on the inside. The painting is complete, except for the ceilings, which I'll tackle after everything else is finished and the weather is too cold to spend time outside. For now, I'm working on the window sills and trim, which are in horrible condition from years of neglect and abuse. I took these photos to remind myself just how bad they look! I sanded half the trim and sill so it's easy to see the difference. Soon they will look as nice as the new windows that are going in a few weeks from now. Bye-bye, old, rattly, windows! Hello new, energy-efficient, wooden windows.

The last photo is of our new dining room rug. The cats aren't quite sure what to make of it. The spent a good deal of time sniffing it when it first arrived and have slept on it a lot, trying to make it "theirs" no doubt. Maybe there were cats in the home where the rug used to live? Cats sure do have a good sense of smell. Gomer couldn't resist getting his nose into the photo!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Love the rug, beautiful! You'd better be wearing a mask!